Tuesday 5 March 2013

Tutorial...

Well here's another first for me. I am now going to attempt to give you my first blog tutorial (double scary).
Over at Pink Tulip we sell some fab doorplates with keys, three designs are available. Sheila challenged me Tracy and Angela to design with them so I have decided to show you all what I have done with my first attempt. They only cost £1.50 each !!!!

So here goes, hope you like it and can understand my instructions (let me know if you can't).

 Ink your doorplate with Distress Inks in Dried Marigold then Wild Honey and finish with Vintage Photo.
Spray the inked doorplate with a shimmer spray, I used a Perfect Pearl Spray in Sunflower Sparkle, then dry with a heat gun. Use up any left over spray on your craft mat as it adds to the design.



When dry stamp with the Tim Holtz Stuff To Say stamp set from Stampers Anonymous. I used black archival and Versafine in sepia to ink with.
Draw round the edges of the plate with a gold Krylon Pen.
Add Versamark Ink randomly around edges of the plate and cover with Frantage Powders inAged Gold and Shabby White and add Mica Flakes in Tarnished Mica.
Go around the edges with the black and sepia ink and blend together with your finger then heat set.
Embellish with a die cut flower. I used a Heartfelt Creations Die on card covered with metal tape and die cut then coloured with alcohol inks.
I added lace to the left side.


Swipe a Vintage Photo ink pad over the key, it gives it a really good look,then touch over with black ink.
Stamp over the key with the same stamps. I have coloured and stamped both sides.
Edge with gold Krylon Pen then brush with Versamark Ink and add a little Frantage.
Punch a hole in the top of the doorplate and tie the plate and key together either with ribbon or chain, as i have.
Add three hat pins to the flower.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit. I love reading your comments and appreciate them all.